Football World Cup 2018 in Russia or 3 months of living as a host broadcaster


I will remember trip to Nordic Combined continental cup as a life changing trip.
Because this is how it started. 
By accident. Very lucky one.
I've met our future compound manager at the train station and complained that everybody involved at the World Cup, but not me. And just by chance they were looking for a person urgently.
I've read the job description and it sound pretty interesting.
I sent my CV and they accepted me. 


4 years ago I was volunteering at FIFA Fan Fest here in Ekaterinburg 
and I have never even dreamed about to actually WORK at the World Cup. 
Here I should say huge thanks to my ski jumping and nordic combined mate Andrey :)
If not you I've never worked here.
And it could be a completely deferent story.


And when three months, which feels like three years.
It's like you live in parallel universe during this FIFA World Cup.
It's like you are in same old Ekaterinburg 
(funny thing we figured out that the city is oldest than the USA),
but actually you are not.
The people around you are from different countries: 
USA, Germany, Greece, Great Britain, Italy, Portugal, Belgium and etc.
And working in such international crew, make me feel that I'm not really in Russia.


All the things we came through together with my BEST boss ever.
Starting with terrible weather in April, May and even in the beginning of the June.
Snowing, raining, super strong wind..
We even created a song: It's a spring time in Ekaterinburg.
I'm sure it could be in a top chart in Mexico.
And we must spend all of our time outside!
It was something!
Great challenge even for locals and imagine that people from warm countries felt!
But we overcome this challenge, but another small ones came after.
Again we deal with them too. And this is that makes this job awesome, to solve the issues.


It was not just a work for me.
I found a soul mates there, new friends all around the world 
and even right now I have one more dad 12 hours apart from me.
(if you reading this you know who I'm talking about)
Standing after a game in the uni flash positions and waiting for the interviews.
Having really good talks with a guys, who were also waiting with us.
Moving super heavy camera #17(or #3) from one position to another.
I'm really sorry guys for this 😁
Trying to make our platforms more stable. And we felt like kids during Christmas time when our directors were happy with them.


We had amazing team and atmosphere. 
Every morning going to work and see this people made me happy. 
I'm really glad that I've met all of you! 
Thank you very much for this experience! 
It was a pleasure.


P.S. Also I want to mention another personal thing.
My grandpa was a huge football fan and he instilled that love to me as well.
Because of him I started to play football and after I was interested in volunteering at sport events.
He was dreaming about this World Cup, but life sometimes is unfair.
He didn't make it, but I'm sure he would be proud of me.


                                 X           X           X           X           X          X           X          X

You Might Also Like

0 коммент.